Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I N F J People

PERSONALITY TYPING
I was reading the CLL Forum this evening and was intrigued by one of the posts. It was a link to a self-administered an on-line personality test not unlike the Myers-Briggs based in Jungian theory. Several of the members had taken the test and reported their results.
Once, a long time ago, in a professional team-building setting, I was given the test and then promptly forgot the results. Ever since I have been slightly envious of those folks who blithely recite their profile.
The results of tonight's test are: Introvert. Intuitive. Feeler. Judger (INFj)

Life as an Introvert, Intuitive, Feeler, Judger
People of this type tend to be:

creative, original, and independent;
thoughtful, warm, and sensitive;
global thinkers with great passion for their unique vision;
cautious, deliberate, and planful;
organized, productive, and decisive;
reserved and polite.
I have no idea whether and how much the results of a Myers-Briggs test can change over time and if these results are anything like the previous ones.
I found the following at www.personalitytype.com:

"The most important thing to INFJs is their ideas, and being faithful to their vision.
According to this type, Introverted Intuition with Feeling, the direction of my energy is 'internal'; I suposedly put a premium on information from the 'internal' or imaginative world; I tend to make decisions based on emotions; and I organize life events and act according to plans.
More mundane analyses of this type of personality include, among other things:
* not good with money
* dislikes conflict and criticism
* has high expectations of herself and others
* is a perfectionist.

No comments: